The first post will be focused in how does our analyzed subject use the different means of communication that internet has. We will basically obtain information from our wiki -page. A.K.A. our Web Communication Plan.
The social networks we will construe, will principally be the well known Facebook page, (which in our case is also Cosmo Jarvis’ most used social network), and the famous mricroblog: Twitter.
As we have seeing in our WCP, Cosmo Jarvis follows almost all of Amy Porterfield’s “7 Facebook Marketing Tips From World’s Top Pros”. We must remember, that even if he has succeded in linking his own web page with his Facebook account, advertising himself in it and, of course, giving his fans a reason to connect, he has not made it in leveraging his friends, therefore, here we have a point which he should improve. The last tip we have analyzed in this list has been wether if he uploads videos or not. Ekaterina Walter describes this tip like this: “video as a secret weapon to gain fans”. Cosmo Jarvis has realized how important this is to promote himself in this social network, and, uploads relevant videos almost every week.
Therefore, after seing experts’ opinions about the topic, and comparing them to our singer’s Facebook account, we must say, that even if he has to improve several points on it, he is doing it pretty good.
The second “promoting weapon” we have analyzed in our WCP is, an other well known microblog page: Twitter. In this case, the experts we have consultated are: Rich Brooks and Zeke Camusio, whose opinions have been very usefull for our research. Like in the previous case, Cosmo Jarvis follows succesfully some of the advises, and should improive some other aspects. First of all, and if we look at Rich Brook’s article in Flyte, “How to use Twitter for business” . We will realize which of the tips the singer follows, and which one doesn’t. To begin with, it is obvious that he has achieved to communicate with his fans. He answers them, and retweets them. He also posts relevant information (tours, new songs, videoclips,… ). He has also linked his Twitter account to his own web page and to Facebook, therefore, and, as we have seen before, all of his web pages, social networks… are linked between them, which, as Robin Mayhall sais, is the idoneous way of improving or promoting ourselfs in the net.
Our second expert, Zeke Camusio, analyzes different topics such as not spaming, following other users, being active in the community (commenting and posting frequently), … And, once againg, Cosmo Jarvis has succeded following almost all of them. He should only improve a little bit engaging conversations (retweting more often).
This would be the introduction of our WCP, which, as we have seen will be focused in how this young singer promotes himself through social networks and microbloging.
1) Twitter. (2011, November 8). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 11:37, November 12, 2011, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Twitter&oldid=459622213
2) Facebook. (2011, November 11). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 11:38, November 12, 2011, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Facebook&oldid=460056823
3) Cosmo Jarvis. (2011, November 2). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 11:38, November 12, 2011, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Cosmo_Jarvis&oldid=458604304
4) Amy Porterfield (2010.8.24) 7 Facebook Marketing Tips From World’s Top Pros. In “social Media Examination”. Retrieved 2011.10.28 from http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/7-facebook-marketing-tips-from-pros/
5) Rich Brooks (2010.5.14) HOW TO USE TWITTER FOR BUSINESS in “flyte”. Retrieved 2011.10.29 from http://www.flyte.biz/resources/newsletters/08/06-twitter-for-business.php
6) Zeke Camusio (2009/1/20). Twitter Marketing – Using Twitter to Promote Your Business. In “Biznick”. Retrieved 22.10.2011 from http://biznik.com/articles/twitter-marketing-using-twitter-to-promote-your-business
COSMO JARVIS’ MAIN SOCIAL NETWORK PAGES:
-His web page: http://cosmojarvis.com/